The first year we had our kids in ski school, we had ski gear everywhere. I tried using a duffle bag and it was a mess. You couldn’t find anything and more often then not, we had gear all over the chalet floor trying to find that 1 extra sock. It was a gong show to say the least. And it never fit everything we need to bring with us.
In comes in the ski back pack. These bags are game changing.
These bags carry the ski boots, the helmet, and there is still space for all the gear. (googles, extra layers, socks ect…). There are ususally pockets and straps for all the things you need on the hill.
There are so many bags out there that it’s hard to figure out which one is the best. You won’t want to overpay but you also want to find something that is great quality. Here are a few bags i’ve found online all for under $50.
AmazonBasics WaterProof bag
I came across this one on Amazon. I really love the AmazonBasics collection of items as they really back up their products and you can exchange and return the items with almost 0 questions. This bag is too big to put on your child’s back as a back pack, but it fits everything you need for the hills including their helmet and boots and at $39 the price is right. The strap on the top is easy enough for an adult to carry in. It’s worth a look especially at that price point.
- Holds 1 pair of ski boots
- Ventilated side-entry boot pockets
- High-density polyester with waterproof backing
- Reinforced with double stitching, lined interior, and padded bottom
- Comfortable carry handles
- Padded hidden backpack straps
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Ahtletico Ski Boot Bag
And while I was on Amazon, I found another bag with similar features but seemingly a bit bigger and a bit more expensive (still under $50), but certainly still very reasonable. It’s the Athletico Ski Boot Bag.
The Ahtletico Ski Boot Bag claims to be the most versatile ski/snowboard boot bag for cold, snowy treks up the mountain.
- High-Density Polyester (Waterproof Backing)
- Two Large Boot Compartments (Individual Sides)
- Side Entry Zippered Pocket
- Large Main Compartment
- Padded Lumbar Back Support PLUS sternum strap
- Shoulder Straps (Hidden) and Carrying Handles
- Internal Clips for Keys
- Extra pockets for Gloves and Small Items
- Grommets for Venting and Snow Drainage
- Phone Pocket
Another great brand is Athalon and the Glider Boot Bag is worth a look. It does have backpack straps however the benefit of this one is that you can wear it in either direction. What we love about this bag is that it works for kids. At only $39 (depending on the colour) this bag should be on your list!
- The “Glider” Boot Bag/Backpack has tons of functions
- As a backpack, the design distributes heavy weight and gives maximum comfort while lightening the heaviest cargo
- Carry-all: Can be carried horizontally and comes with detachable shoulder strap
- Top and side ergonomic handles give lots of versatile carrying options